Thursday, September 3, 2009

Traveller Fantasy: Adventurer?

For a while now I've had the idea of using Traveller as the foundation for a fantasy game. My preferred style of fantasy tends to have little magic so I'd think that it could be a good fit for the system.

Currently there are multiple similar efforts in the works but I'm chomping at the bit to jump in and see what I can come up with. Typing out loud here, the goal is to put together a lean core that can support pluggable/modular life paths and events to easily represent careers, races, and cultures for both fantasy and historical settings. For all I know, this may already be possible almost out of the box. I also want to explore random hex creation to help facilitate a sandbox style of play.

I own the original LBB reprint and the Mongoose Traveller core book. At this point it looks like the bulk of the work will probably be based on the MGT SRD. The working title is Adventurer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment